Wealth Plus,Guaranteed NAV,High Return Policy from LIC of India

, , 50 Comments

LIC Wealth Plus

LIC Wealth Plus

LIC’s Wealth Plus is a unit linked plan that safeguards your investment from market fluctuations, so that your investments are protected in financially volatile times. This plan offers payment of Fund Value at the end of policy term, based on highest Net Asset Value (NAV) over the first 7 years of the policy, or the NAV as applicable at the end of the policy term, whichever is higher. NAV of the fund will be subject to a minimum of Rs. 10/-. The policy term is 8 years with an extended life cover for 2 years after the completion of policy term. This plan will be available for sale for a limited period.

You can pay the premium either in a single lump sum or for 3 years. You can choose the level of cover within the limits, which will depend on your age whether the policy is a Single premium or Limited premium contract and on the level of premium you agree to pay.

Premiums paid after allocation charge will purchase units of the Fund. The Unit Fund is subject to various charges and value of units may increase or decrease, depending on the Net Asset Value (NAV).

LIC of India’s Wealth Plus Features
1. Payment of Premiums: You may pay premiums regularly at yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly (through ECS mode only) intervals over the 3 years premium paying term. Alternatively, a Single premium can be paid.
2. Guaranteed NAV: In this product there is a guarantee of the highest NAV recorded on a daily basis, in the first 7 years of the policy, subject to a minimum of Rs. 10. This means the payment at the end of the policy term will be based on highest Net Asset Value (NAV) recorded over the first 7 years of the policy, or the NAV as applicable on the end of the policy term, whichever is higher. The guarantee will be applicable only for payment made at the end of the policy term irrespective of any partial withdrawals made during the policy term. The period of 7 years starts from the date of commencement of policy.
3. Minimum Age 10 –  Maximum Age 65
3 years Premium Paying policies  – Rs. [20,000] p.a.
(Other than monthly (ECS) mode)
Monthly (ECS) mode                   –           Rs. [2,000] p.m.
Single premium policies               –           Rs. [40,000] p.a.
(f) Sum Assured under the Basic Plan  –
3 years Premium Paying Term: 5 times the annualized premium
4. Other Features of Wealth Plus :

i) Partial Withdrawals:
ii) Increase / Decrease of risk covers:No increase or decrease of benefits will be allowed.
iii) Discontinuance of premiums: If premiums are payable either yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly (ECS) and the same have not been duly paid within the days of grace under the Policy, the Policy will lapse. A lapsed policy can be revived during the period of two years from the due date of first unpaid premium.
iv) Revival: If due premium is not paid within the days of grace, the policy lapses. A lapsed policy can be revived during the period of two years from the due date of first unpaid premium. The period during which the policy can be revived will be called “Period of revival” or “revival period”.
5. Reinstatement: A policy once surrendered cannot be reinstated.
6. Risks borne by the Policyholder:
7. LIC’s Wealth Plus is a Unit Linked Life Insurance products which is different from the traditional insurance products and are subject to the risk factors.
8. The premium paid in Unit Linked Life Insurance policies are subject to investment risks associated with capital markets and the NAVs of the units may go up or down based on the performance of fund and factors influencing the capital market and the insured is responsible for his/her decisions.
9. Life Insurance Corporation of India is only the name of the Insurance Company and LIC’s Wealth Plus is only the name of the unit linked life insurance contract and does not in any way indicate the quality of the contract, its future prospects or returns.
10. Please know the associated risks and the applicable charges, from your Insurance agent or the Intermediary or policy document of the insurer.
11. The various funds offered under this contract are the names of the funds and do not in any way indicate the quality of these plans, their future prospects and returns.
12. All benefits under the policy are also subject to the Tax Laws and other financial enactments as they exist from time to time.

For Policies and More Details Please Contact

50 Responses

1. shriom singh

April 1, 2010 9:57 PM

if we deposit a sum of 20,000 per year for three years, then how much ammount we will get after 7 years.

tell me please in detail..

2. ram

April 22, 2010 1:49 PM

if we deposit a sum of 50,000 per year for three years, then how much ammount we will get after 7 years

3. Arvind Swami

September 15, 2010 9:59 AM

if we deposit a sum of Rs, 50,000 Single Payment then how much amount we will get after 7 years.

4. TechChunks

September 21, 2010 7:15 PM

Expect the NAV to increase now, judging from the SENSEX rally (crossing of 20k mark) today 🙂

5. chandratre atul

October 19, 2010 10:37 AM

if we deposit a sum of Rs.50000.per years for three years.then how much amount we will get after 7 years. plz repiy

6. LATESH JAIN

October 30, 2010 1:53 PM

I HAVE INVESTED RS. 2,00,000 IN THE LIC WEALTH PLUS. KINDLY LET ME THE NAV OF THIS PLAN DURING LAST ONE YEAR.

7. Dr. Tarakranjan Gupta

November 4, 2010 12:29 PM

Really amazed to see, how could the people think Wealth Place scheme as a “magic stick”! Really I believe the gimic is to get and expect a maximum return on basis of highest NAV point for next 7 years. But I strongly believe, the money LIC invest in market is in form of liquid bond/ bond pension fund or saving like… – not more than 10% in equity. SO DO N”T EXPECT A LUMPSOME RETURN AFTER 7 YEARS! It will be 10% steady increase in NAV with a little “noise” on an average per year. Will be not affected much by sensex…

8. ANOOP KUMAR

November 23, 2010 7:48 PM

9. Prakashraj V. Purohit

December 6, 2010 7:36 PM

I am LIC of India Agent.

So Please sand me Net.Add. OF
    1. Checking all Nav rate,
    2. Check all Party Policy Detail,

10. SHAILENDRA L KURVEY

December 9, 2010 8:05 AM

I am depositing the amount of Rs 20,000 p/a.How do you expect I will get after 7 years.

11. SHAILENDRA L KURVEY

December 9, 2010 8:06 AM

I am depositing the amount of Rs 20,000 p/a.How much do you expect I will get after 7 years.

12. narendra singh

December 16, 2010 11:46 AM

13. narendra singh

December 16, 2010 11:47 AM

I am depositing the amount of Rs 30,000 p/a.How much do you expect I will get after 7 years

14. suresh.s

January 11, 2011 7:25 PM

Please let me know the fund value of my wealth plus policies.I had invested total one lakh in this policy.50000 each in my name and my wife`s name.

15. anesh

January 19, 2011 9:53 PM

I am depositing the amount of Rs 20,000 p/a at regular premium in aprail.How much do you expect that I will get after 7 years

16. Sonu

March 4, 2011 11:19 PM

Hi People,
    The return on this policy will depend on the days existing NAV value. There is no gaurantered return. However, if you depositing a equal amount of money for 3 years, after 7 years of term period, you are gaurantered to received the HIGHEST NAV value during the last 7 years. However, if you withdraw ur investment before 7 years, the return would be on that days NAV valuree.

17. rajesh kumar mishra

March 9, 2011 3:22 PM

plz tell me what is the current growth of wealth plus i deposit the amt in may 2010

18. Archana B.Dhavale

March 22, 2011 9:00 AM

i was invested Rs75000 as on 2010,
    please mail me till today gain NAv ammount

19. Sishupal SIngh

March 28, 2011 1:18 PM

I was invested Rs75000 as on Feb 2010,
    please mail me till today gain NAV ammount

20. Sandeep Khashaba Mane

April 1, 2011 10:12 PM

I have invested in WEALTH PLUS POLICY, 40,000 Every year. I will be investing Total 1,20,000 in 3 years, How much will i get if ,i have to withdraw after 3 years.AND ALSO
    If i wish to discontinue from this year onwards how much will i get out of the 40,000 which i have invested last year . Is withdrawl possible .Please suggest.

21. mahavir

April 17, 2011 8:24 PM

I am depositing the amount of Rs 20,000 p/a.How will i get after 7 years.?
    i was deposit 20000 in march 2010 i got 2000 unit because that time face value was 10 rupees
    and now i was deposit 20000 again i want to know how many units i got ? any body have a idea
    plz share with me …

thanks in advance ..

22. PANKAJ

August 5, 2011 3:05 PM

TILL NOW THE HIGHEST NAV IS 11.05 APPROX & what we will be the nav after three years

23. dheeru0789

October 31, 2011 1:49 PM

it’s really a nic post… thax for sharing me some useful info ..in every post you give some extra efforts..